Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Switch designed for mirroring tap ports
From: "A. Pishdadi" <apishdadi () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 01:12:43 -0600

Hello All,

We are looking for a switch or a device that we can use for mirroring tap
ports. For example , take a mirror port off of a core router say a 6509,
connect it to a port on said device, say port 1. I would like then to be
able to mirror port 1 on said device to multiple ports,  like port 2 , 3,
4. We have the need to analyze traffic from one port on multiple devices.
Seems most switches are limited to mirroring to a max of 1 or 2 ports.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Ameen

  By Date           By Thread