Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Optimal IPv6 router
From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:07:58 -0200

With IPv6 growing, if we were to design a native IPv6 router, with
IPv4 functionality thrown in, then is it possible to design a more
optimal IPv6 router, than what exists today?

OK, I'll bite.  What would qualify as a "native IPv6" router?  Is this
another concept as silly as "hardware vs software based" routers?

Join them and create a router where IPv6 is ASIC-forwarded and IPv4
gets to use a CPU. Market perspectives for such a product are very
shy, but would fit the description.

Rubens

  By Date           By Thread