Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: [#135346] Unauthorized BGP Announcements (follow up to Hijacked Networks)
From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:21:01 +0000

The problem is no one will actually blacklist a big ASN because its not
in the individual best interest, which scales greatly with size. RPKI
is pretty much the only real fix for this if the chain until the major
carrier refuses to delist, and RPKI has it's own issues.

-Blake

Sadly, you're right. But my guess is that such a blacklisting would have to be done for only a very short period of
time and once it is done once or twice, it would never need to be done again.  But it probably is too big a hammer.

Until there is some sort of registry that is the source of truth and is easy to use (distributed?), we're going to keep
repeating this process.

  By Date           By Thread