Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Recommendations
From: Jonathan Lassoff <jof () thejof com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:42:13 -0800

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com> wrote:
On 2/15/12 20:14 , Mario Eirea wrote:
This is my guess too, i guess there is some bleed over from their antenna arrays.

Even the most directional sector antenna in the world has a back lobe...
and there there's the clients...

Agreed. There is rarely a thing as a perfectly-directional antenna
(not without a lot of shielding, I would presume).

Since I would presume that all the radios are controlled by the same
host, perhaps it could coordinate the 802.11 DCF and sequence CTS
frames so that the various client and AP radios remain as spectrally
orthogonal as possible. There's not much you can do about the clients
transmitting RTSes, but it can be predicted to a certain extent.

there's no magic bullet you simply can't do it all in one ap with the
space available.

Agreed. More, lower-power APs means better spectral efficiency and
overall resilience.

--j

  By Date           By Thread