Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: time sink 42
From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:21:42 -0600

Once upon a time, Bryan Irvine <sparctacus () gmail com> said:
And watch for the removable faceplates.  We've been bitten before
after a server move by rebooting a server that had the correct label
but the wrong faceplate.  Now we label the faceplate as well as
underneath of it too.  :-)

Not just faceplates; we got a couple of racks of used Dell servers and
were rolling through testing them when we discovered a couple where the
Dell tag on the lid didn't match the firmware.  The tag on the back did;
at some point, somebody had switched lids on the cases!
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>

  By Date           By Thread