Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: time sink 42
From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan () atlasnetworks us>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:17:54 +0000

I hate all the newer Brother labelmakers I've seen - pretty much for
this
very reason.  I've never found a good method for quickly and reliably
removing the backings for them.

The one thing I absolutely cannot stand about all the low-end brothers is the amount of waste they generate.  When
printing single labels, they spit out a useless 3/4 inch tab that you have to hit the 'cut' lever for.  This tab is the
tape that was wasted pushing out the last label.  I would estimate this consumes about 20% of the tape on these
printers - perhaps less if you chain print or have longer labels.  The PT-1830 and PT-1880 are good examples of this
insanity.

  By Date           By Thread