Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Which P-Touch should I have?
From: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:16:56 +0100

Subject: Re: Which P-Touch should I have? Date: Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 07:45:29PM -0500 Quoting William Herrin (bill ()
herrin us):

For cable labeling I've had good results with 3M Scotch Super88 color
electrical tape. Pick unique color bands for each cable. Band it
identically at both ends. You don't have to squint to see how it's
labeled. And the label isn't invalidated merely because you unplugged
it from one place and plugged it in somewhere else.

At previous employer, we ordered two identical rolls of Brady (IIRC)
numbered labels. Every cable got numbered in both ends  and the number,
being unique at the site, could be used for documentation as well as
finding both ends in looms etc.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668

  By Date           By Thread