Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine
From: Pierre-Yves Maunier <nanog () maunier org>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 02:15:14 +0100

2012/2/18 Justin M. Streiner <streiner () cluebyfour org>

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012, Sven Olaf Kamphuis wrote:

  7 - compressed air can to clean dust

dust?!?!? sounds like time to find a whole new colo and move everything
out of there haha.

I also hope that duster can would not be used by someone who is attempting
to clean fiber end-faces.  Incredibly bad idea.  See a recent thread on
cisco-nsp.

jms

That's why I wrote first about the fibre/connector cleaning kit.
The air can is for removing any dust that could be in the rack, air filter
of equipments etc.
All datacenters are differents some are very clean, others are very creepy
(but anyway I think those won't have any air can available :-) )

--
Pierre-Yves Maunier

  By Date           By Thread