Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: public scalable vpn?
From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 23:51:37 +0000

academics in ontario are gonna need a scalable vpn service until they
find jobs elsewhere.

http://www.cautbulletin.ca/en_article.asp?SectionID=1386&SectionName=Ne
ws&VolID=336&VolumeName=No%202&VolumeStartDate=2/10/2012&EditionID=36&E
ditionName=Vol%2059&EditionStartDate=1/19/2012&ArticleID=3400

i can only handle a dozen or so.  anyone running anything at scale?

randy

"The agreement reached last month with the licensing agency includes provisions defining e-mailing hyperlinks as
equivalent to photocopying a document"

I certainly hope that is some politicized hype printed in that article and not real.  That is absolutely idiotic on the
face of it.  When I have seen stuff like this printed in the past it has generally been over the top catastrophizing of
an issue in order to inflame emotions.  I sure hope that's the case here.  Otherwise my impression of Canadians has
sunk to a new low.  Why would it be in anyone's interest to sign such an agreement?

  By Date           By Thread