Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test
From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:28:22 -0700

--- nick () foobar org wrote:
From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>

They may do some magic with bandwidth delay products.. If that was the case,
they may have written it for a standard latency versus something that is
unreasonable by interweb standards.

I don't know how they calculate bandwidth, but I was surprised that their system
gave such wrong results under what were effectively lab conditions.

It'd be nice to know if NDT was not accurate as well.  Anyone tested it?

scott

  By Date           By Thread