Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Closing the gap to improve the capacity of existing fiber optic networks
From: " ." <oscar.vives () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 18:45:13 +0200

On 9 April 2013 15:09, Eugen Leitl <eugen () leitl org> wrote:

“Our approach is so flexible, network operators could adjust capacity to
respond to increased demand, for example from people following big sport
events like the Olympics," added Dr Schröder.

As a Internet user:  We want more bandwidth every second and every minute
of the day.   We don't want to wait for youtube videos to stream,  games to
download,   we don't want lag in our videogames while other member of the
family is streaming a movie.   Give me 2 tera/s, and I will have lag in my
mmorpg game while my dad watch 4K video from Netflix. It will not be
enough. Never enough is enough. Theres only one answer More, and is all the
time 365 days every year. +1 a leap year.
I suppose the line is to try to explain it to no-internet users. But is
still weird.

--
--
ℱin del ℳensaje.