Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: What do people use public suffix for?
From: Derek Andrew <Derek.Andrew () usask ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:10:27 -0600

dnswl.org should look at publicsuffix.org to correct errors.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Matthias Leisi <matthias () leisi net> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

You don't have to tell me that it's a gross crock, but it seems to
be a useful one.  What do people use it for?  Here's what I know of:

At dnswl.org, we use a heuristic (and manual checks) to derive different
"levels" of management (ie, foo.example.org may or may not be under the
same operational responsibility as bar.example.org). Using
publicsuffix.orgdata would allow us to automate some of that work (I
just have not yet got
around to implement it).

--  Matthias

--
Copyright 2013 Derek Andrew (excluding quotations)

+1 306 966 4808
Information and Communications Technology
University of Saskatchewan
Peterson 120; 54 Innovation Boulevard
Saskatoon,Saskatchewan,Canada. S7N 2V3
Timezone GMT-6