Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: "It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM
From: Andrew Latham <lathama () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:10:30 -0400

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Valdis Kletnieks
<Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
I didn't see any mention of this Tony Hain paper:

http://tndh.net/~tony/ietf/ARIN-runout-projection.pdf

tl;dr: ARIN predicted to run out of IP space to allocate in August this year.

Are you ready?

I have sadly witnessed a growing number of businesses with /24s moving
to colocation/aws networks and not giving up their unused network
space. I assume this will come into play soon. I have already read the
news of blackmarket sales of network allocations in Europe.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama () gmail com http://lathama.net ~

  By Date           By Thread