Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 and HTTPS
From: joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 21:19:54 -0700

On 4/25/13 6:24 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
Ok, here's a stupid question[1], which I'd know the answer to if I ran bigger
networks:

Does anyone know how much IPv4 space is allocated *specifically* to cater
to the fact that HTTPS requires a dedicated IP per DNS name?
It doesn't, or doesn't if if your clients are not stuck in the past.

TLS SNI has existed for a rather long time.
Is that a statistically significant percentage of all the IPs in use?

Wasn't there something going on to make HTTPS IP muxable?  How's that coming?
there are stuborn legacy hosts.
How fast could it be deployed?
you can use it now.
Cheers,