Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: "It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM
From: Tore Anderson <tore () fud no>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:37:05 +0200

* Owen DeLong

Quite the contrary… I personally think that the abysmal rate of IPv6
adoption among some content providers (Are you listening, Amazon,
Xbox, BING?) is just plain shameful.

FWIW, www.bing.com resolves to IPv6 addresses from where I'm sitting
(Oslo), and the page seems to load over IPv6 as well.

Also, Amazon provides some form of IPv6 (I believe it's based on 6RD or
something similar though). At least, the NLNOG RING has six
Amazon-hosted nodes, all with IPv6 enabled
(amazon0{1..6}.ring.nlnog.net). All of them respond to ICMPv6 pings from
here. Whether or not the average Amazon customer chooses to enable IPv6
or not is another story, though..

Tore

  By Date           By Thread