Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 and HTTPS
From: Jima <nanog () jima us>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:22:18 -0600

On 2013-04-26 23:08, shawn wilson wrote:
There's ways around it for most software but old jetdirect stuff,
switches, routers, ip control systems. Things are going to be 6to4 for a
while. In fact I won't be surprised to see little hardware boxes that do
it for $30 or so (probably late with this idea but have no need to know).

I hope you mean NAT64; 6to4 is, at best, iffy to support. I do like the $30 hardware device idea, though -- I haven't seen anything like that yet.

The majority of what I think of when you say "control systems" shouldn't be directly connected to the internet anyway, even with ACLs -- or so I gleaned from the nice folks from DHS. ;-)

     Jima

  By Date           By Thread