Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Resolver Problems
From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 18:52:43 -0700

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

On Apr 1, 2013, at 6:38 PM, "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins () arbor net> wrote:

On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:21 AM, Mark Andrews wrote:

I know and I would still argue that they are tantamount to extortion.

There is no coercion involved, so, by definition, it can't be called 'extortion'.  If you don't like the AUP, don't
sign up for the service - simple as that.

Hyperbole isn't generally helpful.

In an oligopoly situation, that's hardly a valid set of choices and is tantamount to extortion.

Yeah, I thought so, too, but apparently the FCC and the SEC hasn't
seen it that way for the past 20 years. Go figure.  :-)

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawgster(at)gmail.com