Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test
From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:37:46 -0700

------------------------
You might want to consider putting up a speedtest server internal to your
network.  I know there is a fee but well worth it I believe.  You will

I would consider NDT as well: www.internet2.edu/performance/ndt

Last I checked, about 3 years ago, speedtest sent only latin text in
large packets.  NDT tests much more.  The customers just use a web
browser and the only caveat is they need to have Java working.

Here's one to get a feeling of what your customers will see:
http://ndt.anl.gov:7123

scott

  By Date           By Thread