It brings a tear to my eye that it takes:
0) A long standing and well informed internet technologist;
1) specific, and potentially high end, CPE for the res;
2) specific and custom firmware, unsupported by CPE manufacturer ... or
3) hand installing several additional packages;
4) hand editing config files;
5) sysctl kernel flags;
6) several shout outs to friends and coworkers for assistance (resources
many don't have access to);
7) oh, and probably hours and hours twiddling with it.
just to get IPv6 to work correctly.
Yea, that's TOTALLY reasonable.