Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: Headscratcher of the week
From: Jake Khuon <khuon () NEEBU Net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:40:44 -0700

On 31/05/13 17:30, Brett Frankenberger wrote:

        How can you possibly have consistent increase in latency like that?
I'd love to hear theories (or offers of beer, your choice!).

Variation of the buffer filling theory is that there's some QoS/traffic-shaping going on which is causing your ping packets to get classed and policed into an ever depleting buffer pool.

I wonder what would happen to the pattern if you reset the interface. |8^)

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |