Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

RE: PRISM: NSA/FBI Internet data mining project
From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 21:05:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

I've always just assumed that if it's in electronic form, someone else is either
reading it now, has already read it, or will read it as soon as I walk away from
the screen.

So, you are comfortable just giving up your right to privacy? It's just the way it is?

If you're sending it across the internet in the clear, it's not private. If you want privacy, use reasonable encryption. Even with that though, unless you take other precautions, they know who [IP] you're talking to, if they want.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
                             |  therefore you are

  By Date           By Thread