Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: huawei
From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:39:21 -0700

On 06/13/2013 09:31 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:
On (2013-06-13 12:22 -0400), Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

Do you think Huawei has a magic ability to transmit data without you noticing?
I always found it dubious that public sector can drop them from tender
citing publicly about spying, when AFAIK Huawei hasn't never actually been
to court about it much less found guilty of it.

It's convenient way to devaluate one competitor. I'm just not sure if it's
actually legal in $my_locale to invent reasons to exclude vendor in public
sector RFQs.

Er, um, there are more ways to spy than virtual wires back to the mothership...

Mike

  By Date           By Thread