Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

FW: Transparent 1Gig Ethernet over IP/Ethernet?
From: chris burri <chris.burri () hotmail ch>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:55:37 +0200

Hi all,

I need to transparently (especially LACP
frames) transport a gigabit Ethernet link with at least 1500 MTU over
either IP or Ethernet. Jumbo frames are enabled on
the transport backbone. While I need "full" (some encap overhead will be acceptable) GigE wire speed, encryption
is unnecessary.

Can anyone suggest a product -ideally some low-maintenance, high-reliability, perhaps ASIC-based hardware- that can do
this?

TIA
Chris

  By Date           By Thread