Home page logo
/

nanog logo nanog mailing list archives

Re: How to catch a cracker in the US?
From: Tei <oscar.vives () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:12:00 +0100

On 14 March 2014 05:14, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us () gmail com> wrote:
On Mar 13, 2014 7:37 PM, "Larry Sheldon" <LarrySheldon () cox net> wrote:
..

Sorry for my note. Didn't mean it to sidetrack the question (I probably
should've).

/me o_O

Social perception of hacking affect law-making.
Computing security is controlled by moral panic and security theater.
Maybe someday a young men will enter prision,  for "possession of
hacking tools"... a  compiler and a debugger.

Fighting paranoia and moral panic is something we should be doing.
Making the distinction hacker vs cracker is like a small effort for
this.

--
--
ℱin del ℳensaje.