Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

2.54 beta 33 build on w2k & XP
From: Bo Cato <jcato73 () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 21:29:21 -0700

I just want to reiterate what Evan Sparks already said about the
windows port for this latest build.

I spent about an hour trying to figure out why I was getting the
"LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_main" error tonight. I didn't think to check this list since I just
assumed it was something I was doing. After much searching online I
discovered MS says this error happens when the CRT calls were not
being initialized properly so I thought I would check the code myself.

Well, to my surprise I could not find main.c in the list of source
files for this project. It wasn't in the mswin32 directory either. I
found it in the nmap-2.54BETA34 directory so I just added that one to
the project hoping that this linux source would be close enough or
perhaps exactly the same as the windows source.. never know how posix
a project will be till you try to compile it.

This fixed the problem. Main.c is missing from the windows project and
directory... but it's easy enough to fix.

I was going to break the news to everyone but then I saw that Evan had
already suggested the correction. I'm just backing up what he said so
perhaps the tar ball will get corrected and reposted to the downloads
section.

-Bo