Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: XP SP1 + = no worky :-)
From: Matt <matt () use net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:20:27 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Tony Richardson wrote:

I run WinXP Sp1 and have identical error message as this post (text below)
http://lists.insecure.org/lists/nmap-dev/2002/Oct-Dec/0009.html
I have done all the stuff listed in the other post. I also tried using WinPCap v3
and also NmapNTSP1 but no joy. I have reinstalled everything, rebooted,
sacrified a Win95 box to the GNU/*nix gods in my backyard but still no joy.
Any suggestions, apart from RTFM.
Am I posting this to the  right list  ?

I would highly suggest using the official nmap win32 port instead of
eEye's old one. I haven't noticed any problems on XP SP1 with winpcap/nmap
thus far, but I'm not using it every day.

--
http://www.clock.org/~matt