Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

querying uptime
From: "Florian Effenberger" <floeff () web de>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:20:05 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have a question which I hope you can help me to answer. ;-)

nmap can query the uptime of a host, even if all time services are disabled.
I have been googling around a bit, but didn't find anything on that topic,
so maybe you can help me.

Is there any possibility of disabling the uptime query on Linux and *BSD
boxes? I don't want anyone to get my uptime...

Thanks,
Florian