Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

inverted ping option
From: "Dr. John S. Pemberton" <jsp () hotbrev com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:05:13 +0200

I just realised we need a third ping option:

-P0: nmap scans all hosts without trying to ping them
default: nmap scans hosts that answers ping (ICMP or TCP80)
*new option*: ping as default, but only scan hosts NOT answering ping.

That way I can set up two parallell sessions when scanning a net.
Alternativelly (or additionally) there could be an option to first scan the
hosts that answers ping, then the rest.

Comments? I might implement this myself, but then I need input on option
syntax. Someone more in the loop might find this extremely easy to
implement, if so please do :-)