Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: "No buffer space available" when scanning a Class A or B net
From: Curtis Doty <Curtis () GreenKey net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:59:37 -0800 (PST)

3:21pm Bob McLaren said:

The problem is, if I try to scan any more than a Class C, I get a "No
buffer space available" error and the scan get's bogged down with 15 and
60 second pauses between scans.

You could try fiddling with /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max or
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem to see if those buffers are the culprits.

../C