Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

win32 nmap3.48 serious time computational problem adjust_timeout
From: "P Cannon" <pcannon9 () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:35:40 -0500

When running a scan against a web host with sV -sU -P0 -F -oN I generate the
following error:

Serious time computational problem in adjust_timeout ... received =
<1074478713, 640000> se t=(0,0) delta = -1844734912 srtt = -1844734912
rttvar = 5000 to -300000
QUITTING!

It occurs with winPCap 3.0 and 3.1 as well as on a clean XP and a clean 2k
machine. Also occurs on my normal scan host which is XP. Only thing that
recently change was the Microsoft MDAC flavor of the month this week.

Tried several different combinations of switches for UDP scanning with
similar results regardless of what I selected.

Was able to do TCP scans normally. UDP was what kept terminating.

Has anyone else run up against this?

Patric