Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: FW: failed pings in nmapwin
From: Chad Loder <cloder () loder us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:30:34 -0800

This sounds like a problem with raw sockets.  Make sure
you are running as the *local* administrator (not
a regular user and not a domain admin).

Can you tell me if you are running IPSEC on this machine?
What happens if you stop the IPSec Policy Agent Service
(you can do "net stop policyagent" from the command line).
Was it running to begin with (it runs by default).  Does
turning that service off affect your results?

Also, can you tell me if you have Microsoft Update Q818043
applied.  I think you can find out by looking at Add/Remove
Programs, or in the registry.

Thanks,
        Chad Loder