Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap 3.48 version detection / greppable output
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:45:33 -0800

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:43:11PM -0500, Chris Reining wrote:
Hi all.
I am looking to obtain output to a logfile from nmap utilizing the -sV
or -A scan that is easier to massage than -oN/-oX. The -oG output would
be ideal however it does not have the service data in it. What I need
are the ip's that match a particular service version in
nmap-service-probes.

Any suggestions to working with the xml or normal output or other
ideas?

As you mentioned, the XML and normal output do include that version
information.  The next version of Nmap (due out within a week) will contain this information
for -oG too -- see http://www.unspecific.com/nmap-oG-output for
details.

Cheers,
-F