Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap GUI
From: Dan White <dwhite () securecommercesystems com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:03:14 -0500 (CDT)

Every multi million dollar development project that I have been on
developed a user interface. Today- code generators and 3rd generation languages increase productivity and btw -
software is developed for users
even mathcad and mathmatica have a GUI - Doh.h.h.. Bet you do Mathmatica on commend line too , huh?

Don't worry - noone 's going to take away your little terminal session.
I bet you're the kind of programmer who says " I must have root or I can't do my job - huh?

all in jest - cheers!

---- J.J.Green <j.j.green () sheffield ac uk> wrote:

Hi

Command line is now for neanderthals ( from an old Unix
admin and programmer)- Even UNIX developed X-windows!

The command line is useful for people who like to communicate
with their computers with a *language*, GUIs are for people
who like to to communicate by *pointing and grunting*

So who's the Neanderthal?

[this comment only half tongue-in-cheek]

Jim
--
J. J. Green, Department of Applied Mathematics, Hicks Bd.,
Hounsfield Rd.,  University of Sheffield,  Sheffield, UK.