Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Some NMAP GUI ideas]]
From: Adam Jones <ajones1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:53:19 -0500

How would you want to be able to do something like this? I doubt
anyone wants to enter ip addresses for all of the systems on their
network. I mentioned ldap integration earlier, and would like to know
how useful that would be outside of windows and active directory.
Forgive my ignorance, but I simply do not know that much about other
operating systems in an enterprise environment.

Anyways, my point is that ldap could be used to generate a list of the
systems you control, then group membership can be applied to anything
in that list. What kind of group membership would be useful? I can see
where being able to assign individual systems to multiple groups might
be needed.