Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Participating in Summer Of Code [was: Some NMAP GUI ideas]
From: Adam Jones <ajones1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:40:59 -0500

(Note: This message reposted to the list in case anyone else has need of it.)

On 6/7/05, David Lamparter <lists () diac24 net> wrote:
Hi all,

i'm wondering whether there already are applicants to implement the nmap
GUI ideas... I'm eligible and very interested ;) ... not really sure
whether* and how to apply though. (It is supposed to be routed by google?)

As of the last count I saw 19 people had applied for the GUI project.
There may be more than one GUI project accepted though, so the
competition is not as bad as it sounds. Either way applying for it
couldn't hurt.

To apply you need to fill out the application on google's website for
the summer of code website. After that Fyodor wanted an email about
your ideas for the project. The google summer of code project has a
link to the page...kind of don't have my bookmarks with me at work.

Google will route your application to anyone else that is going to review it.

P.S.: someone [Grodås, Ole Morten in
B86BD352F554664C9B98BA1401C3DE795C8147 () lynx2 HIS-J] suggested Qt4 or
Java. Gtk2 isn't ruled out, is it?

So far no one has ruled out an implementation method. There has been a
lot of discussion about it on the list, but ultimately how you take
care of business would be between you and the project mentor(s).

-Adam