Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

IPv6 Support for nmap
From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu () deaddrop org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:21:36 -0700

It seems somehow that the search for useful additions to nmap might be
driven by what people are offering to do. I'd like to suggest full IPv6
support as being a useful project for some up and coming network engineer.
After all, it's a Network Mapper.

I would applaud any GUI that would provide the physical display of the
various items found while mapping the network. Displays of nodes in any
connected graph are much more complex than students may expect, and such an
addition could be extended beyond nmap, as well. It would also be nice to
have the ability to read in previously saved output, preferably in such
form as XML (for which very nice parsers already exist).

--
The command line is useful for people who like to communicate
with their computers with a *language*, GUIs are for people