Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP performance patch (ICMP Unreachable rate limited)
From: "Alec H. Peterson" <ahp () hilander com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:10:17 -0600

Greetings,

In April somebody posted a patch that really helps my performance when
scanning hosts that are protected by firewalls that give rate limited ICMP
destination unreachable messages for firewall violations.  I applied this
patch to 3.81, but it makes me wonder why it has not been accepted into the
actual distribution.  What are the consequences of using this patch?

For reference, I found the patch at:

<http://xtrmntr.org/ORBman/tmp/nmap/nmap-3.78-defeat_ICMP_ratelimit.patch>

Thanks!

Alec