mailing list archives
Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping?
From: Chuck <chuck.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:45:10 -0400
A couple things that I would like to add to the netcat2 feature request list:
- Probably a given, but you should be able to compile as a single,
statically linked execuable on all platforms (may offer other versions
- Integrated SSL certificate pair generation. I currently use openssl
and socat for this, but it would be much better to be built in to one
- Support for different SSL modes, including mutual authentication
using certificate pairs, one-way authentication (like HTTPS), and
no-authentication (DH-anonymous, which is still encrypted).
- Support for requiring a password to connect to the NetCat2 listener.
That's all I can think of right now. I agree that a new version of
netcat is need to add support for the things Fyoder listed on the web
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping? Chuck (Jun 15)
Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping? Martin Mačok (Jun 16)
- Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping?, (continued)