Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping?
From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:40:40 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:36:32AM -0700, Fyodor wrote:

Netcat has been totally unmaintained for about a decade, and I think
Nmap users would benefit from a tool similar to hping2 that is more
oriented toward their needs.

I'm still happy with hping2 (ok, lets forget about the patches we had
to apply to it ;-) *except* its poor ICMP support (sing is better here).

Anyway, your proposal for Netcat enhancement almost exactly fits
Socat. Have you heard of it? Wonderful tool (and GPL) ...

http://www.dest-unreach.org/socat/

Martin Mačok
ICT Security Consultant