Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Segfault in 3.83DC1 and 3.84ALPHA1 using --excludefile option
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 02:32:02 -0700

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 03:54:51PM -0300, Duilio J. Protti wrote:
In fact the problem is on skip_range() function at TargetGroup.cc:

for (i = oct; i >= 0; i--) {
  if (current[i] < last[i]) {

the problem is that i is an unsigned int, so decrementing never reachs a
negative value, but wraparound to the biggest unsigned int value.

Good find.  I have applied your patch for the next version of Nmap
(due out next week).  I didn't manage to get the birthday release out
in time, but that is no bid deal.  With all the new features, no
gimmick is necessary.

Thanks,
Fyodor