Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: McAfee & nmap
From: David Warde-Farley <david.warde.farley () utoronto ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:14:44 -0400

On 28-Aug-05, at 11:44 PM, engage wrote:

 Did I download a hacked version of nmap or is this just another
effort to kill the use of nmap?

It's probably classifying it as such because port scans (or whatever
you're up to) might also be performed by certain kinds of malware
(e.g. trojan infected machines being used for DDoS). I seriously
doubt nmap has been specifically classified as malware.

- David