Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Speaker for SF Bay Area Security Event on Feb 18?
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:13:41 -0800

Hi guys,

My friend Jennifer Davis, who helps run BayLISA (Bay Area Large
Installation System Administration) group, is finalizing the details
for a free all day security "Tools of the Trade" seminar on February
18 at the Yahoo campus in Sunnyvale.  She is looking for a 90-minute
tutorial on Nmap.  I can't do it that day, but if anyone else here is
interested, let me know.  You will need to develop slides, though you
can use any useful material from the Nmap Reference Guide or other
Insecure.Org docs (http://www.insecure.org/nmap/docs.html).  You need
to be comfortable with public speaking (though this should be a
low-key event), and certain that you can prepare for and attend the
2/18 event.  Anyone in the SF Bay Area interested?  If so, please tell
me a little about yourself and any thoughts you have about writing and
delivering a good presentation about Nmap.

This is also not an isolated event.  I get frequent invitations to
speak about Nmap all over the world, but have to turn down most of
them so that I still have Nmap development time.  So it would be great
to have other qualified Nmap presenters I could suggest instead.
While this Feb 18 seminar can't pay travel/hotel expenses (it is a
free event), most other events do.

Even those of you who can't speak on Feb 18 might enjoy the security
tools seminar.  You can register (free) and get more details at
http://www.mollyguard.com/event/23147234 .

People interested in the Feb 18 seminars may also enjoy CodeCon
(www.codecon.org) on Feb 10-12 in San Francisco and RSA Conference
(http://2006.rsaconference.com/us/) on Feb 13-17 in San Francisco.

Cheers,
Fyodor (busy cooking up good stuff for the next Nmap release :)