Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Context error with --system_dns
From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13:52:59 -0800

Hi Sean,

Good find. That's a result of the following change:

o The 26 Nmap commands that previously included an underscore
  (--max_rtt_timeout, --send_eth, --host_timeout, etc.) have been
  renamed to use a hyphen in the preferred format
  (i.e. --max-rtt-timeout).  Underscores are still supported for
  backward compatibility.

Thanks, I'll talk to Fyodor and we'll update that error message ASAP.

What would also be a big help is if you could find the location of
your DNS servers in the windows registry so that the asynchronous
DNS code can find them.

Doug
(Currently testing nmap 4.00 on a big endian architecture)