Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Improving xsl stylesheet
From: "Douglas F. Calvert" <douglasfcalvert () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:01:41 -0500

On 2/1/06, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:29:24PM +0100, Benjamin Erb wrote:

I'll have some free time in the next days so I'd like to improve the
stylesheet used for nmap.
I already got some ideas what to change and to improve. For instance,
I'd like to make the
stylesheet work with Transformiix (the current sheet got some problems
so I had to disable
timestamp conversion on Mozilla-based viewers). Also the stylesheet for
printing could have
a better layout. And  I also want to make the output more efficient.

The one thing that I would love to see when it comes to displaying
nmap scans is the ability to sort by IP. I am not sure where this is
best done, inside nmap or with js/xsl. When I scan a lot of smaller
networks all at once it always makes sense to enable
--randomize_hosts. However this means that when I view the report the
hosts are also presented in a random order. It would be great if I
could use randomize_hosts but still have the information displayed in
such a manner that you can view the subnets together...