Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 4.01
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:45:24 -0800

I just posted Nmap 4.01 at the normal location:

  http://www.insecure.org/nmap/download.html

It contains fixes for the various issues reported since the 4.00
release (I suppose you never get those big reelases quite perfect).
Here are the changes:

o Fixed a bug that would cause bogus reverse-DNS resolution on
  big-endian machines.  Thanks to Doug Hoyte, Seth Miller, Tony Doan,
  and Andrew Lutomirsky for helping to debug and patch the problem.

o Fixed an important memory leak in the raw ethernet sending system.
  Thanks to Ganga Bhavani (GBhavani(a)everdreamcorp.com) for
  identifying the bug and sending a patch.

o Fixed --system-dns option so that --system_dns works too.  Error
  messages were changed to reflect the former (preferred) name.
  Thanks to Sean Swift (sean.swift(a)bradford.gov.uk) and Peter
  VanEeckhoutte (Peter.VanEeckhoutte(a)saraleefoodseurope.com) for
  reporting the problem.

o Fixed a crash which would report this message:
  "NmapOutputTable.cc:143: void NmapOutputTable::addItem(unsigned int,
  unsigned int, bool, const char*, int): Assertion `row < numRows'
  failed."  Thanks to Jake Schneider (Jake.Schneider(a)dynetics.com) for
  reporting and helping to debug the problem.

o Whenever Nmap sends packets with the SYN bit set (except for OS
  detection), it now includes the maximum segment size (MSS) tcp
  option with a value of 1460.  This makes it stand out less as almost
  all hosts set at least this option.  Thanks to Juergen Schmidt
  (ju(a)heisec.de) for the suggestion.

o Applied a patch for a Windows interface reading bug in the aDNS
  subsystem from Doug Hoyte.

o Minor changes to recognize DragonFly BSD in configure
  scripts. Thanks to Joerg Sonnenberger (joerg(a)britannica.bec.de)
  for sending the patch.

o Fixed a minor bug in an error message starting with "eth_send of ARP
  packet returned".  Thanks to J.W. Hoogervorst
  (J.W.Hoogervorst(a)uva.nl) for finding this.

Let me know if you find any problems.  Otherwise I'll probably
announce it to the -hackers tomorrow.

Cheers,
-F