Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

SIGSEGV signal on Darwin OS X (Intel) when using version matching (nmap 4.01)
From: "Kelly M" <bangpath () sent as>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:52:17 -0500

On OS X with PowerPC, nmap has been running great. I've had no
problems at all. But on Darwin OS X with Intel, I'm having some
problems. I just got my dual-core MacBook pro in the mail, so of
course nmap was one of the first applications I installed. :) Problem
is, I get a SIGSEGV signal (Abort trap) whenever I use version
detection. Without version detection, things run fine.

Not sure if this matters, but 'configure' gave me a few non-critical
warnings that the following headers were present but could not be
compiled: net/if.h, net/in_var.h, and ip_fw.h. Compiles fine
otherwise. Just to be sure I also tried the darwinports version of
nmap 4.01, which appears to be identical because it gives me the same
problem.

If I can provide more info, please let me know what's needed to help
track this down.

platform: i386-apple-darwin8.5.1 (OS X 10.4.5 on Intel)
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5250), Target: i686-apple-darwin8
Gtk 2.8.12