Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

4.01 on os x intel - now with added gdb / debugging weirdness...
From: "Matt Ostiguy" <ostiguy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:58:46 -0500

I too get a

caught SIGSEGV signal, cleaning up
Abort trap

with -sV on 4.01 on os x intel. That is with my binary installed in
/usr/local/bin.

So, I
CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g ./configure
make
gdb ./nmap

In, or out of gdb, I can now perform a version scan. To ensure I am
not hallucinating, I repeated the config and build process and got the
same results - life is good with a binary resulting from these flags
being set. So, that would appear to be a workaround.

Matt