Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 4.01 on os x intel - now with added gdb / debugging weirdness...
From: David Warde-Farley <david.warde.farley () utoronto ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:02:34 -0500

On 6-Mar-06, at 10:58 PM, Matt Ostiguy wrote:

So, I
CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g ./configure
make
gdb ./nmap

In, or out of gdb, I can now perform a version scan. To ensure I am
not hallucinating, I repeated the config and build process and got the
same results - life is good with a binary resulting from these flags
being set. So, that would appear to be a workaround.

Heisenberg bug! ;)

Kurt seems to have trapped it being a pcre thing, so I have no idea
why debug information would solve it.

- Dave