Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Why does nmap send multiple probes to the same port?
From: chok () chokmah org
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:25:50 -0500

Thanks to Richard for really answering my question.  I
have tried -sS and sniffed the packets but left those
details out in my original post.  Nmap is sending multiple
probes and the --max_retries was added in 3.96BETA1 so
people like me could control it.  I am running 3.81 which
was released before this was added so the explanation
about why it did this was not in my man page.

Since I am running debian, I would prefer not to install
the latest version, but I think I might.  Thanks to
everyone for your input.

chok