Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Version scanning reports it scans UDP ports while is doesn't
From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:32:50 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 05:52:06PM +0000, Richard van den Berg wrote:

According to tcpdump however, the only UDP port that is
scanned is 25. A bit odd since I did not ask for it...

Is this expected behavior of this -A flag?

Yes, because -A also contains -O which sends a UDP probe to a closed
port...

(Yes, I didn't answer all of your questions..)

Martin Mačok
ICT Security Consultant